Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/content/54/6602654/html/wp-content/plugins/post-types-order/post-types-order.php on line 190 and defined in /home/content/54/6602654/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1222
Houston AC Repair
Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/content/54/6602654/html/wp-content/plugins/post-types-order/post-types-order.php on line 265 and defined in /home/content/54/6602654/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1222
Houston Humidity Control
When it comes to air conditioner repair Houston Texas it can be difficult to keep your “cool” when your house is over 100 degrees, but if your Houston HVAC is on the fritz, you may have to volunteer for the job. If you take a look online and search for “AC repair in Houston” you’ll find that a lot of folks in Houston have to deal with cleaning the air conditioner’s condenser. If you feel up to the task of dealing with your own condenser, go for it (otherwise call a Houston HVAC expert). If your air conditioner is seeming a bit sluggish, you may want to follow these simple steps to clean the condenser before you call for Houston air conditioning repair service.
- It’s common for weeds and other debris to get caught in the condenser. A lot of AC repair in Houston involves dealing with this problem pertaining to the condenser coil. Take a look at your air conditioner and find the condenser. Note which direction the fan blows across the condenser coil.
- Turn off power to your air conditioner.
- Chop down plants that are growing and get rid of debris in and near your AC.
- Use coil cleaner to clean the coil and then flush it out with water. Coil cleaner can be obtained at places that deal with air conditioner repair. Houston locals depend on their air conditioners to get them through the dog days of summer. Ask around and you’ll find a place that stocks coil cleaner.
- Clean off the AC fins. Don’t attempt to use a garden hose to do this. The water can actually cause the dirt to turn to mud and seriously gum up your air conditioner. Use a soft towel to remove the dirt so you don’t botch your attempt at air conditioner repair. Houston air conditioning specialists should always include a quick look at the fins to make sure nothing is in there creating resistance in your AC unit.
- If your air conditioner is not level, you will need to level it by using a lever to lift it on the side that has settled. Put gravel underneath the uneven side to bring your air conditioner back to level. This job requires at least two people to do it right. If you don’t have a helper, call someone to do air conditioner repair. Houston HVAC specialists should be able to do this job for you for a reasonable price.
Heaven knows you won’t be able to survive long without your air conditioner in Houston. If you’ve cleaned your condenser and you’re still experiencing problems, you’ll need to look up air conditioner repair, Houston in the yellow pages or online in order to find out what the problem is and get it fixed by a professional.
Want to learn more about Air Conditioner Repair Houston Texas? Return to our main page by clicking here.